Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

Recovering My Couch

One of the things I have not always appreciated is hand-me-downs. This couch, however is not one that I disliked at all. I think from the moment my friend asked me if I wanted it I had visions of what it might look like. The all white sofa that I posted in my first blog...well, it's a maybe one day down the road.
I also surprised a lot of people when the fabric I chose to recover the cushions with was NOT white! I walked into this quaint store in McKinney and this blue caught my eye. I walked away and saw a pink floral, but my eye almost immediately went back to the blue. I think I saw "blue skies" and it was such a pretty shade. Please note, there WERE pink feathers inside this topper though! I had saved a king size feather bed topper I bought years ago and decided to use those feathers to help me have that soft look.









Ripping apart the bed topper was interesting. It didn't take me too long to figure out there would be no easy, clean way of removing the feathers, so I opted to just pull them out, then put them in trash bags until I'm ready to use them. In some ways it made me smile to see all these feathers about - and to also scoop them up in my arms. I was tempted to toss them in the air - and decided against it for 2 reasons. 1. No one was around to take a picture of the fun and 2. probably more importantly, I was the only one here to also clean it up. Logic won.
I'm not totally decided yet on the style, but sometime mid-afternoon my mind saw this idea...Now I have to wait and see how it 'feels.' Thoughts??










Okay, spent a week sleeping on my couch while I had out of town guests. I'm not disappointed in the feel, think my mind still thinks it's supposed to be all white. I did see a fellow blogger post a photo of her re-done chair where she did the same rouching...hers was white.

Maybe what I need is to have the balloon pouff curtain on my window to add an extra touch of the same fabric across the room and perhaps the feeling of being in the clouds will come to fruition? I also decided to use up the scraps with a pillow from a free pattern from JoAnn's Fabric. I also was able to reuse a pillow form that I had, so there was no added expese to this pillow.

1 comment: