Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring...the season of beginnings, right?

I have been pondering this weekend about the people that I know will probably not make it through another year. This may be their last spring. If I knew this would be my last spring what would I change? I'm in the midst of sewing some pillows for a friend. She's got the basics of her living room set, she knows what she wants to see, color wise, and she picked out some interesting fabrics. YEAH me, I am sewing them for her. I'm not an interior designer, I'm an interior DOER...and I really enjoy doing this. Several times today I caught myself thinking...what if this was my last project? I don't know why those thoughts have come to mind so much, although I know the timing of the season and where I was a few years ago. I think my eyesight changed with the chemo - but maybe it changed because I'm getting older? I can still see, I just don't see like I used to. The colors this woman has chosen are vibrant - and full of life. They make me smile - they are not colors I would choose in my own home, because I'm not "bold". I think I'm quiet, unsophisticated. I think that I will feel the loss of my eye sight like I will feel the loss of my friends. I can close my eyes and see their smiles. I can feel their presence. What have I lost?? Harlean died 3 years ago - and I still see her silly smile and it warms me. I have begun to think of life differently once again, and I'm not sure why. It's not a bad thing, and I'm not being morbid. I'm not going to live forever, but am I doing things I need to do NOW? Am I doing what I want to do NOW? If I have one year left...one season left...what will I do? Right now I'm looking forward to creating some pretty curtains for my living room. I found this pretty fabric, shockingly has no pink in it! But when I saw it I was drawn to it. The colors scream PEACE to me. So I got all they had and I'm hoping that I will have enough to do my couch cushions and then add to my curtains...or lack there of. I saw these pretty lace pouffes with a solid behind and I thought...hmmm, why can't I do that with my leftover fabric? We'll see. I got rid of clothes today that I no longer wear. Some remind me of my past and some are styles that are not me, but I wore because I had them. Maybe someone else can enjoy them. I took one sweater and took the beads off of it - took me about a half hour to do...but I'll find some way to re purpose them, as the sweater had holes in it and was not going to Good Will regardless! Who knows, maybe I'll find a way of using those beads on a card for one of the shut ins we have from church...or a get well card? Either way - re purpose. I read someones Blog "a Re-Purposed Life" and it hit a chord with me. That's how I feel I am. I'm re-purposed. Spring means life begins, right? So...let's see how I make this season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment