Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cinderella Dress



My oldest granddaughter is going to be in her first play. She's in 4th grade and nonchalantly told her mom that she had tried out, and she was going to be Cinderella. I love her joy of life. Now, I've known for about a month that she's going to have this lead role, but it was only last week that her mom found out that she needed a 'modern-day ballgown' and the second costume would be the 'rags'. My mind started spinning at what we could do, what I knew I CAN do, and making it happen.








Where did I put my magic wand?? I happened to pass a garage sale that had pretty close to the same color that Alexis had requested. Didn't need the magic wand, just the guiding hand from Above! So I pick this dress up, that originally cost $450, got it for $50. I ripped it apart - by that I mean, I literally started the deconstruction so that I could adapt a woman's size 8 to fit a little girl size 8. I can do this. I'm looking forward to doing it...I feel very much like the Fairy Godmother, although Alexis in essence waves her hand (as if it's her magic wand) and says, "Grandma can do it" attitude. Grandma can.



This is a Mori Lee ladies size 8 ball gown on my dress form...



and a slight wave of the magic wand...and this is the after, a Little Girl's size 8

No comments:

Post a Comment